Jonesville High School
September 20th, 2017
Jettsen Behm and Jacob McLain
Wednesday, 9/20/2017 - Brand Day
Lunch: Pizza or chicken salad sandwich, broccoli, pineapple, milk
7:20 am. – Staff meeting
Thursday, 9/21/2017 – Holiday Day
Lunch: Sloppy joe on bun or turkey and swiss on bun, sun chips, fresh veggies with dip, fruit, milk
Lunch meeting: Homecoming court in Miss Hartley’s room
7:00 a.m. – Athletic study hall in Mrs. Drake’s room 204)
5:00 and 6:15 – Freshman, JV, and varsity volleyball at Olivet (teams leave at 3:15)
5:30 – Boys soccer home with Hillsdale Academy
6:30 – JV football at Union City (team leaves at 4:30)
7:00 – School board meeting at the admin building
· The Homecoming dance will be in the Middle School Wright St. Gym following the game until 11:30. Cost is $5.00/person. If you would like to bring a guest who does not attend Jonesville High School, you must request a dance pass in the main office by 11:00 Friday.
· Chrome Book Repairs - If your Chrome Book is in need of repairs, please see Mrs. Quiggle in the Library. She will help you do everything you need to get your Chrome Book repaired and back in a timely manner.
· Any students interested in joining YEP (Youth Engaged in Prevention) – there will be a meeting Wednesday 9/20 at lunch in the Foods Room.
· Homecoming Court Meeting – Thursday 9/21 @ Lunch
· M8KN IT MNE Fundraising meeting - Thursday 9/21 @ lunch in the library.
· Any student that wants to participate in tug-of-war or any games at the assembly on Friday must be wearing gym/tennis shoes. No sandals, boots or dress shoes will be allowed on the new gym floor.
· Freshman: We will be finishing our float Wednesday from 5:30-7:30.
· Any student interested in Winter Guard, sign up in the Guidance Office. There will be a clinic and auditions on October 15th from 12-5pm.
· Do you want to help a school that was destroyed by a recent hurricane in Florida or Texas? During homecoming week we are going to have a coin collection competition between the 4 grades to see what class can raise the most money to help out another school in need. So gather up your change and dollar bills and put it in the collection boot in the library specified for your grade. The class that collects the most money by next Friday will win an ice cream treat reward in the near future.
· There will be a meeting on Thursday, September 21st in Miss Hartley's room during lunch for all homecoming court members to go over parade and halftime details.
· Coach B’s Driving school has a Segment One Class scheduled for October 16th and a Segment Two Class scheduled for December 19th both at Jonesville High School. For other classes, check out Coach B’s website for the entire 2017-18 schedule.
· Any student that ordered a yearbook last year should stop by room 117 and see Miss Hartley to pick up your spring edition from last year.
· Seniors: Please let your parents know that the yearbook will need your senior picture by the end of October 2017. The picture you use for the yearbook is your choice but if you decide not to use a traditional head-and-shoulder picture, you will still need to turn one of those in for the newspaper. If you have any questions, please stop by room 201 and talk to Miss Hartley before the end of the school year.
Jonesville Varsity Volleyball beat Homer last night in 4 sets: 22 - 25, 25-20, 25-19, 25-17. The team was led by Hanna Purdy with 10 kills and 19 digs. Koryn Playford added 8 kills and 12 digs. Senior Middle Sam Dunn had 8 kills and 5 blocks, while Lauren Mains had a very commanding performance in the back row leading the team with 35 digs. Amber Gordon added 7 kills and Sarah Dawson had 11 digs and a great performance in the back row. Teya Nichols added 29 assists, 9 kills, and 15 digs. Junior Mackenzie Ward also served 100% from the service line.
The team travels to Olivet on Thursday.
JV Volleyball also beat Homer in 3 sets 25-22, 27-25, 25-18.